View locations and contact information of the County's various Convenience Centers.
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation for the convenience centers are:
- Friday through Tuesday
7 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday and Thursday
7:30 am to 5 pm
Rules & Regulations
- Wilson County residents only
- No commercial waste
- No trailers over 8-foot or box trucks allowed
- No hazardous material allowed (paint, oil, fuel tanks, propane tanks, etc.)
- No brush, limbs, grass, shrubs, or wire accepted
- No construction or remodeling waste allowed (drywall, lumber, brick, blocks, rocks, dirt, or roofing shingles)
- No large loads: Limit of 10 bags of kitchen waste or 3 cubic yards of bulky waste
- Scavenging is not allowed
- Convenience Centers and Landfill can only accept one 8 by 10 pieces of carpet
- Plastic recycling is for milk jugs and soda bottles (types 1 and 2) - they must be loose and removed from trash bags - we do not recycle all plastic
You may be instructed to carry your load to the Landfill. Review the Landfill's hours of operations and fees on the Landfill / Solid Waste page.
You are encouraged to recycle the following items/materials at all convenience centers:
- Plastic Milk Jugs
- Soda Bottles
- Carpet Padding
- Jugs and Bottles - must be loose and removed from trash bags
Wilson County Landfill recycles E-Waste, (computers, printers, televisions, microwaves, etc.) and metal.
For additional E-Waste recycling, contact nearby E-Waste Recyclers.