Business owners, please help us slow the spread of COVID-19
You’ve heard these suggestions time and again; wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands, etc. But mandates, orders, suggestions and even pleas will only take us so far as we continue to fight COVID-19. Doing all we can to protect ourselves and others from the virus is more important now than ever. We all must make a conscientious choice to remain vigilant and not become lax in our efforts to protect ourselves and those around us. One of the greatest features of Wilson County is our quality of life and our businesses are largely responsible for that. YOU are the face of Wilson County and perhaps our best tool to slow the spread. Your example and the precautions you take inside your stores and shops may very well resonate with your customers and encourage them to continue to take preventative measures wherever they may find themselves. Just like a virus, a good example tends to spread. A unified showing of our local businesses, banding together and leading the way to protect each other may be just what we need to slow the spread of this virus and return us to a more normal state. As part of this effort, we ask you to post reminders on your business message boards encouraging everyone to do their part to slow the spread. The Wilson County Mayor’s office will be partnering with local law enforcement to place flashing road signs along Wilson County’s roads with the same messages. Messages will include wording such as:
- Spread joy and kindness, not germs. Take precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19. County wide mask mandate in effect until further notice.
- Preventative measures slow the spread of COVID-19, take care of each other.
- Together we can slow the spread of COVID-19. Wash hands, social distance, wear a mask.
- Healthy looks good on you. Remember to wash your hands and take other steps to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Take precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Feel free to use these or your own personal messages.
We are stronger together.
Thank you and please don’t hesitate to contact our office for assistance. Our goal is to provide you with the best customer service possible.
Wilson County Mayor