Jim Major, Wilson County Trustee
The Wilson County Trustee collects Real Property, Tangible Personal Property and Ad Valorem Taxes from the general public. Tax Notices are mailed in mid-October to the property address. The tax year is a calendar year beginning January 1 through December 31. Taxes can be paid without interest from mid-October through the last day of February of the following year.
- By Mail-at our mailing address, please include the top portion of your notice to guarantee proper recording of payment.
- In Person - at the office of the Trustee above.
- Online at TNPayments.com Visa, Mastercard, debit cards and echecks. Credit cards incur a 2.65% fee plus a dollar and echecks 1.75% fee plus a dollar.
- Over the telephone - Visa, Mastercard and debit cards only.
* Please note the processing fee is paid to the credit card processing companies and is not charged by the Trustee.
Tax Relief and Tax Freeze Program
The Wilson County Trustee's Office offers a state and county funded program to help taxpayers pay their property taxes. The Tax Relief Program helps taxpayers 65 or older, disabled citizens and total & permanent disabled veterans.
The Tax Freeze Program helps seniors (65 and older) by freezing the tax amount on their primary residence. For additional information, download the Tax Relief - Tax Freeze Brochure.