Get a Permit

1) Where do I pick up a building permit?

Applications for a building permit are made at the Building Inspector’s office located in the Courthouse Annex, 233 E. Gay Street, Lebanon, TN.  Building permits are issued on site.  The location for the new construction must be staked off.  The Building Inspector
will check setbacks from property lines and issue a building permit if setbacks are in compliance with the Wilson County Zoning Ordinance.

2) What is required to pull a building permit?

A checklist for items needed to apply for a building permit can be picked up in our office or faxed to you.  To avoid delays, all items
must be on hand and presented for application to be made.

3) Do I have to pay for a building permit up front?

Yes, fees for a building permit and/or an adequate facilities tax are collected in full at time of application.  Fees vary according to
what is being constructed.  Residential permits are based on $.70 per square foot (includes living area, attached garage, finished or unfinished bonus rooms, sunrooms, and finished or unfinished basements).  Accessory structures (patios, screened porches, swimming pools, carports, detached garages, barns, or storage buildings) are charged $50.00 for structures of 1,000 square feet or less or $75.00
for structures of 1,001 square feet or more.  Please contact the office for commercial, industrial, institutional and religious building
permit fee schedule and adequate facilities tax fee schedule.

4) How long are building permits good for?

A building permit shall become void twelve (12) months from the date of issuance by the Building Inspector or the date an appeal is granted by the Board of Zoning Appeals, unless substantial progress has been made within those twelve (12) months on the project.

5) What if I have a complaint about my neighbor’s property?

Contact the office and staff will document the complaint.  An accurate address/location must be given for the inspector to locate and
view the right location.  If property is found to be non-compliant with the Wilson County Zoning Ordinance, this office will notify the property owner of the violation and give them a deadline to come into compliance.  If correspondence fails to get results, the violation
is turned over to the Wilson County Attorney.

 Follow us on Google PlusFollow us on LinkedIn

Copyright © 2017 Wilson County Government. All Rights Reserved. Website designed by Bear Web Design